Saturday, October 5, 2013

Moving Forward....

I don't like the phrase "moving on". I mean, I know there are some situations which are aptly described using these words, but somehow it doesn't fit my life

..... I prefer "moving forward". Because, although things have changed in my life, I haven't moved on. I've worked through and pushed past and carried on..... 

I am broken and healing. Changed. Better. Stronger. More sure of who I am. Less afraid. I understand some things I wish I didn't, but I can see how I am wiser for the discovery. 

I have known hopelessness, despair, faith, grief, rejection, and acceptance.

I have seen, and boldly experienced the goodness of God.

I am, above all, thankful. 

......and continuing to move forward, one step at a time, one "next right thing" at a time.

It seemed appropriate to start a new blog. I have no desire to go back through all the recipes and posts in http://running-upward.blogspot.com/  where I chose to share the tidbits of my daily life and somehow sanitize it, as though what was my life now needs editing. I don't regret my life, any of it. I refuse to act as though I didn't fully live and love the years of my life because it didn't turn out the way I'd planned. (I feel as though this paragraph somehow creates a mental picture of me stamping my foot and crossing my arms, which isn't entirely ill-conceived....)

I am looking forward to this part of the journey. Wherever it leads, I know that freedom will be a recurring theme. I relish that. Immensely. 

2 comments:

  1. I appreciate you and the dignity with which you move forward. :)

    ReplyDelete